Printer Driver Recommendations

• Printer Driver Recommendations

Posted by Bob Ritger on January 26, 2023 at 2:21 pm

Looking for some printer driver recommendations…

I’ve recently put in place an HP Pagewide 5200 color plotter. I’m having mixed results printing out of Bluebeam using the supplied HPGL2 driver that came with the plotter. Some 100 page print jobs spool 60 pages and then stop leaving a paused print job in the queue. Usually a large document can be printed in batches of 40 or so pages at a time successfully but there are long pauses between pages and spooling still takes some time.

Ideally I’d like to have all staff send prints out of Bluebeam so that our print accounting software (Papercut) can track the cost of the job. I have used HP SmartStream but there’s no integration with Papercut so all jobs would have to be accounted for manually.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to print out of Bluebeam to the HP Pagewide plotter with speed and without orphaned print jobs? Thanks.

Bob Ritger replied 1 year, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Cutler

January 30, 2023 at 8:27 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Good morning @britger

Have you reached out to your plotter vendor and/or your Bluebeam reseller?

What we have here was setup when I started 3 years ago and hasn’t had any significant problems so unfortunately I don’t have much to offer.

• Bob Ritger

January 30, 2023 at 3:15 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt II UC2 Brainery White Belt II

I’ve been working with the plotter vendor but we haven’t found a better option yet – still trying. They set me up with HP SmartStream which is a lighting fast tool but, as noted, doesn’t integrate with Papercut. I’ll keep trying driver options but hoped that someone might have a lesson learned to share regarding this plotter.