Remove profile associated with PDF file

• Remove profile associated with PDF file

Posted by Don Walke on August 8, 2022 at 8:46 am

I do quantity take-off services for a few different subcontractors from different disciplines. I have profiles set up for each, as they vary quite a bit in their requirements. Workspace layout remains the same across profiles, but tools used and custom columns are very different. It doesn’t happen often, but if I open a drawing under one profile and then open the same file under a different profile, the custom columns of the original profile persist. Looking for a way to detach the original profile from the file. Have tried deleting all the original markups and saving the file, but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Don Walke replied 1 year, 8 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Vince French

August 8, 2022 at 9:37 am

@dhwalkellc just import the correct custom column set and everything should work.

• Doug McLean

August 8, 2022 at 10:06 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

I’m going to agree with Vince.
    Make sure you have full backups of you Custom Columns saved somewhere and then import them into the drawing when necessary.

• Don Walke

August 8, 2022 at 10:07 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

Where are custom column sets other than associated with a particular profile?

• Vince French

August 8, 2022 at 10:16 am

I export the custom columns from each of my profiles to a folder in Dropbox so there is always a copy to hand should I need them.

It’s actually best to save backups of the whole profile but I think @troy-degroot might be the person to explain best practices for that type of thing.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        August 8, 2022 at 10:38 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

If you go into the Custom Column window, you can export the configuration file. Like @Vince and @Doug McLean, I save this in a folder I can reference quickly. Having old columns in drawings is hopefully a problem that will go away as every new document is opened with the correct columns the first time it’s opened. I started using the basic Java tools to create an import button. this way it pulls in as quickly as one click.

Once in a while I like to go to Revu > Preverences > Admin and save a back up of all my settings.

Hope this helps guys, thanks for being in the group!

• Don Walke

August 8, 2022 at 10:58 am
          Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

Thanks, works like a charm. Another 20 second process in the work flow that will save many headaches later.