Studio down again

• Studio down again

Posted by Margaret Collins on March 8, 2024 at 11:47 am

The Bluebeam Studio downtime this week has been outrageous, does anyone have any further information about what is going on? Based on social media posts I’ve seen it seems very widespread.

Dwane Lindsey replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Bruce Anderson

March 8, 2024 at 11:59 am

It has been painful! They should really test the changes before they go live!!!

• Isaac Harned

March 8, 2024 at 12:35 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Yeah they had a big update last friday and apparently it broke something.

If not already subscribed I would recommend signing up for updates here:

https://status.bluebeam.com/

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 8, 2024 at 12:48 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Makes for an interesting training session when students are expecting to learn and we can’t even log in. Bugs happen, hope they get it up soon.

• Liz Larsen

March 8, 2024 at 3:34 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I mean, this is the nature of online services. Sometimes shit happens, even to the biggest of companies.

I remember a couple years ago there was a BIM360 outage that wreaked all kinds of havoc.

It happens. It sucks. But it’s not a frequent thing, so just adapt best you can until it comes back.

• Margaret Collins

March 11, 2024 at 8:25 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

There used to be an option to have the data locally (Studio Enterprise) which I miss (mostly because sessions didn’t expire.) Hoping for a more straightforward week.

• Dwane Lindsey

March 12, 2024 at 1:30 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Not sure how many of you have seen my post on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7172968094909218816/), but figured I would give the quick recap from the response from Bluebeam.

The weekend of March 1-3, they migrated their US Studio services to be cloud hosted. During their rigorous testing, they didn’t have the issues they are experiencing now. They have a plan and path to resolve the issues, it’s just not a quick
    fix unfortunately. They are not expecting Studio to be back to normal uptime this week (March 11-15) and expect their to be daily issues/degraded services.

I’ve basically told our staff to pull files from Sessions (if they can) and work the “old school” way until Bluebeam has Studio back to normal.