Title Blocks ilegible on drawing

• Title Blocks ilegible on drawing

Posted by Chad Czerwinski on February 5, 2022 at 5:01 pm

Are some drawings just created in different formats? What I mean by that is the title block areas do not come out as legible when trying to name them or insert them in SETS. You will notice in my picture the bottom S201 Sheet number is just a bunch of gobbly gook. And yes, that is the technical term. I already had to rename the Sheet name. It just had crooked lines and squiggles. It originally filed this revision under “Interiors”. Thankfully once I manually corrected the Sheet number it slip sheeted into the correct location. Was just curious if anyone knew what caused this?

Doug McLean replied 2 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Vince French

February 5, 2022 at 5:30 pm

I think Troy has said that this is something to do with the actual text – possibly two layers overlapping or something like that?

I have actually given up using Sets as this happens far too often with the drawings I use. I haven’t got the time to manually adjust so many when there are hundreds involved.

As a shortcut I’ve got a spreadsheet which goes through my folders and collates all the drawings & rebsions based on their file names.

However I would much prefer it if Sets could be made to work a bit better in this regard.

• David Cutler

February 7, 2022 at 7:23 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I find it very frustrating when the “tricks” that we learn to make us more efficient in Revu don’t work. Especially when the issue is caused by base file issues – such as multiple layers of text as @vince noted with the double layers of text.

That being said, when I have a PDF set that is high quality and the tricks work I’m thrilled! Hopefully, over time, we will see better and better quality PDFs.

Dave

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        February 9, 2022 at 9:28 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

There is a major push in the industry to produce better-quality PDFs. Some of this has to do with National CAD Standards, the quality of the software printing the PDF, and thousands of other variables nobody understands. This particular issue of gobbly gook may be a result of a font in the CAD software that isn’t finding a good equivalent in Revu. When it doesn’t find a match, it guesses, and this was a horrible guess!

• Doug McLean

February 27, 2022 at 9:36 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

There’s no substitute for bad drawings.

We had one set of drawings, on a major project no less, that had text buried on a hidden layer from ACAD.

The only way I could get automark to read it was to only cover half of the page label with the box.

Bad drawings suck.