User input

• User input

Posted by Travis Beecher on August 19, 2022 at 8:34 am

I am creating Iso tool bars for our work flow for the field guys. Is it possible to create say a San Wye and allow for the end user to input a size to populate in the PDF? Kind of like an Autocad block with attribute text?

Troy DeGroot replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 19, 2022 at 8:43 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

We cannot build dynamic blocks in Revu where the parts would flex based on parameter values. However, depending on the detail level of your drawings, you could have a Wye symbol with a custom column where you would enter the sizes of each connection. You could manually enter them or create a choice and add the available sizes. 535 for a 5″, 3″ 5″

I’m not sure if this is applicable or even makes sense, but wanted to help. Thanks for the questions, I’m interested to see what others offer.

• Roye Arie

August 19, 2022 at 10:21 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

Troy, would a legend differentiate between the wye if you add a number (fitting size) as a text box? What I’m curious is if Travis is intended to do some quantity takeoff by placing the wyes, is he better off creating different markups for the different sizes?

Yeah, it might not be as user friendly and will be difficult to create shortcuts at “My Tools” set, but once he’ll get used to the different fitting symbols (maybe assign a different color to the common fittings and then just have something generic for the “one-offs”) it is pretty easy to pull the correct markup.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        August 19, 2022 at 12:50 pm

That’s certainly an option as well @Roye but I get the feeling there would be hundreds of different sizes and materials. I was hoping if they were identified by a pulldown menu of standard sizes Travis would be able to sort the markups list and see the quantity as the sizes are grouped together.

Another option might be to create a markup with text and a symbol, grouped so he could double click each connection and enter a size. This would show up on plan nicely, but not a legend or markup list. So the use would be extremly limited.

But thats why we think out loud in the Brainery!

• Travis Beecher

August 24, 2022 at 9:36 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Troy I do like the idea of a user input text box. Ill have to play around with it and figure it out thank you

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      August 26, 2022 at 1:10 pm

Keep us posted, I loved to hear the solution