Using Bluebeam Revu in the field

• Using Bluebeam Revu in the field

Posted by Liz Larsen on March 13, 2023 at 2:52 pm

Does anyone use Bluebeam in the field?

One of the other disciplines where I work uses Bluebeam in the field quite a bit, but they’re frustrated with the iPad app.

I’m not much help because I’ve only ever used Revu in the field using a Surface Pro at a previous job, which my current job wants to avoid if at all possible.

So, my question is this: if you use Bluebeam in the field, what do you use? And, if you’ve switched to Revu 21 already, do you find that Bluebeam Cloud to fulfills your needs better than the iPad app?

Isaac Harned replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Vince French

March 13, 2023 at 3:01 pm

@lizlarsen I was hoping that I’d be able to use my valuation setup onsite with the new features in Revu 21.

However, you can’t paste formats so that idea is now out the window.

I haven’t come up with any other ideas for the work that I carry out.

• David Cutler

March 13, 2023 at 9:48 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

You had my hopes up for a minute there @Vince !

I’m hoping that that improved functionality for “Cloud” comes along soon. I really like what I’ve seen demonstrated regarding geolocation of photos. One of these days I’ll get a chance to explore that functionality.

Unfortunately @lizlarsen I don’t get out from behind my desk very often and we have a hard enough time getting our field folks to take/send in photos from their phones so I don’t see a big digital program involving our field crews any time soon…

• Isaac Harned

March 15, 2023 at 12:21 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

We use the iPad app in the field now, but only for specific projects involving those new forms we went through. This is only for the use of javascript and layer controls, as well as the PDF check in check out system through projects. Field employees have enjoyed it so far, but only because they are using minimal markups, not storing DRL issues, and more of just entering data into form fields. Cloud for us is nowhere close to where we need it, and most of our field work is done through PlanGrid.