Wrap Text Around a Shape

• Wrap Text Around a Shape

Posted by Dwane Lindsey on October 26, 2023 at 1:22 pm

Has anyone created or seen a tool that has text wrapped around a shape?

I can create the linetype with text without issues, but it won’t wrap the text around the shape (curved text), or “wrap” around corners.

What I created is in red, the black is something that a user said they have used in the past at their previous company (trying to get a PDF with those objects from the previous employer).

Dwane Lindsey replied 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Doug McLean

October 26, 2023 at 4:25 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

I was able to recreate it fairly easily.
    What I do is have the text in the middle of the line, rather than above it. I think it works better personally.

As for the wrapping, I think that has to more to do with the length of the text and where it lands more than anything else.

• Dwane Lindsey

October 26, 2023 at 5:11 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

I don’t think the wrapping has anything do to with the length. As I change the length, the text just adjusts for the line length instead of wrapping the corner. Same with the text around a circle, the text is actually curved and not segmented like what I’ve tried.

• Isaac Harned

October 27, 2023 at 10:05 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

There’s no way that I have seen to do this, especially not with a type input like that. I don’ think a line style is what your looking for as the original literally says to type your text. Best I can come up with for the circle is creating word art in a MS app like word, transforming it, then copying and pasting as an image to BB so you can make a repeatable tool. Go to preferences for the image and you can “Mask Color” (white) to remove background. Still no type input there, but it will look the way you want with some object settings adjustments. Bad news is that the only program I know of that can follow a square like that is PhotoShop

• Dwane Lindsey

October 27, 2023 at 11:30 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

I confirmed that the example that says “type in text” isn’t actually true, the text is static. Regardless, I’m pretty sure BB can’t do this kind of stuff and the person was likely using Adobe to make the text arc around a circle and wrap around the corner of a rectangle.