Reply To: Isaac Harned – Here for forms with javascript

  • Liz Larsen

    Member
    October 26, 2022 at 10:21 pm
    Points: 5,232
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt UC2 Brainery Purple Belt Rank

    Ok, so, I wasn’t sure why it wasn’t working.

    I ended up writing the NumberOfTerminals dropdown box code from scratch to better learn how everything works. I like to do this piece by piece in the console first to make sure my code is doing what I expect. If it’s not, I troubleshoot until I get an expected result. Then I add that code to my overall code. Rinse and repeat until I have something that works.

    This process has two benefits:

    1. I don’t have to search a huge block of code for errors since I’m basically testing one thing at a time.
    2. I learn more about how JavaScript itself works and how to get it to effectively “talk” to Bluebeam.

    I did get something that works (attached) and even though it works, I still get some “false” and “undefined” stuff showing up in the console, not sure why that’s appearing or if it’ll be troublesome later.

    I must go to bed now because it’s late, but take a look at what I wrote and let me know what you think.