Metadata from a Stamp

• Metadata from a Stamp

Posted by Doug McLean on December 5, 2023 at 10:39 am

Apologies if this has been asked before…. but can you pull the data from a dynamic stamp?

Doug McLean replied 4 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    December 5, 2023 at 12:35 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Not that I’m aware of, I don’t know where you would find the data much less draw it from the stamp. I would love to be proven wrong though, love this community!

• Isaac Harned

December 5, 2023 at 12:36 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

I don’t think so, the form fields are dead on arrival, and there’s really no custom column to apply that would catch all the selections.

• Doug McLean

December 5, 2023 at 1:28 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Kinda what I figured

Thanks though

• Doug McLean

December 6, 2023 at 9:31 am

Ultimately, what we were looking for was a visualization of data from some custom columns.

Every so often, when we’re looking at an item, we know we’re going to have to add some time to it for our Estimating software. Its usually when something is highly custom and we just think, oh this is going to need a few extra days of whatever to get this to work.

I didn’t really want to enter the data twice (kinda my thing)

So I think I’m going to try a custom legend. We’ll still have to enter the data into a few custom columns, but then we can build and save a custom legend for the visualization.
    At least that will save others from trying to find it in either the Properties panel or the Markups list.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      December 6, 2023 at 1:56 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I was going to recommend a legend as well. Maybe you could have a few symbols that correlate with a block of hours (half day, full day, 3 days, etc.) Then you could place the symbol on the drawings on a detail or somewhere it shows the reason. Then create a legend just for those extras. I’m not sure what that does to your data-washing process, just thinking out loud.

• Doug McLean

December 7, 2023 at 10:05 am

🤔 🤔