Profile Script: Process for reporting

• Profile Script: Process for reporting

Posted by Isaac Harned on January 17, 2023 at 10:10 am

Currently building an app level script that will carry with the profile. Currently, to build our final report, we run the mechanical prints through a process that flattens, reduces page size, inserts headers and footers, then reduces file size. Since Revu does not have an API function that modifies Page setup, I am using a workaround where I print to PDF. The problem is getting it to save over the original file without any input, so basically I would have to call the current file name and store it to use for the printToFile() function. Even then I can’t be sure this will work as intended. Anyone know a way to do this with the script manager?

Let me know if there is a better way to set up the page as well, maybe I missed something here.

Isaac Harned replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Liz Larsen

January 17, 2023 at 1:33 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I don’t think there’s a way to get a script to automatically overwrite an existing PDF 😕 I looked and looked and couldn’t find/think of a way.

Maybe submit a help ticket. And, if still no, do the Help –> Make a Suggestion

• Isaac Harned

January 17, 2023 at 2:45 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II

Copy copy, that’s where I landed as well. Thank you for looking!

• David Cutler

January 17, 2023 at 2:57 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII

I’m blown away by some of the “processes” you all come up with – and your efforts to improve them! I learn something new with every post. 🙂

• Isaac Harned

January 17, 2023 at 3:14 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II

😁 Anything to turn a five minute process into a five second!