Stamp Selection Process

• Stamp Selection Process

Posted by Mac McDoanld on May 17, 2023 at 6:16 pm

Wondering if it is possible to create 20 different stamps all with unique names. Then have the ability to invoke an input dialog box requesting user input as to which stamp to use. user enters the unique name, hits enter and now the cursor is hovering over the pdf documents waiting for you to place the stamp. Then invoke the dialog box again, different name input, different stamp is now waiting to be place on the document. thx in advance

Isaac Harned replied 11 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    May 17, 2023 at 7:59 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

You can add a stamp to your toolset. If you add it to your MyTools, you will have a keyboard shortcut for each one. Not a great answer, but that is the only way I can think of to achieve close to what you’re looking for.

• Mac McDoanld

May 19, 2023 at 2:33 pm

thanks Troy for the response. Unfornaturely, I have well over 300 stamps I would need. I have Room Data Sheets for a construction project. Each sheet (1400+) discusses the type of devices that below in each room. I was trying to create a stamp that would have a custom markup, representing a type of device per the RDS sheet and then group those devices and create a stamp. Wanted to have dialog box ask which stamp, enter the stamp name and then all the devices would be stamped in that room. Oh well, thanks for the response.

• David Cutler

May 19, 2023 at 8:21 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Don’t give up too quickly @mackus there may be other ways to get this done!

Let’s take a few steps back and see what we can figure out.

To help us better help you please respond to the following:

1. What is your desired end product?

2. Are you looking to develop a marked up drawing?

3. Are you looking to develop a list of equipment/materials?

4. How will use the data that you collect?

5. What is your current process?

What I’m thinking is that you may be able to develop Groups of tools to apply as 1 markup. You may then be able to assign your “unique name” using spaces – or maybe even the page name.

To truly make suggestions we need to know what your end goal is, so that we can “start with the end in mind.

• Isaac Harned

May 22, 2023 at 9:04 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

I have not played with stamps as much as others, however as I understand it, you can have dynamic fields in a stamp, but typically the framework of the stamp would normally stay the same. Also, when you select a stamp from the menu, you are linking to a template file, which by the sound of it, you would want to change based on your needs. Basically you would have to try to Java your way into modifying the properties of the template file, which may be possible, but keep in mind that Revu’s API is not quite as extensive as Adobe just yet, so depending on what you are trying to do, we may run into some walls.