General Punch Questions

• General Punch Questions

Posted by Roye on July 7, 2021 at 2:13 pm

I’m contemplating moving our punch process to Bluebeam. A few years ago, when I started using Bluebeam I attempted punching using my Surface and it was quite cumbersome (I think it was a combination of being rather new to this and trying to revamp something completely). So a few year later, I’m trying to see if I can create some more efficiencies.

We typically punch a few of us, multiple units at the time, working offline with the project downloaded to each iPad (using a different software) and we can each add and remove punch items as desired and get all the data synced up when back on WiFi.

My question, is there a way for multiple people to work offline on the same document?

Andrew Veggian replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    July 7, 2021 at 3:52 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt I UC2 Brainery Brown Belt I

You can work on the same document in a studio session off line. It will hold your markups in the pending folder until you’re back in line. Once on line all your markups will publish with the correct time stamp of when it was placed.

• Andrew Veggian

July 9, 2021 at 12:53 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

You should check out Bluebeam’s new Project Rover. It has some great punch functionality and works on mobile devices which is ideal for the field (offline capability also). We’ve been testing it out on a large project and sounds like it is working out well. We don’t use any of the RFI or Submittal features, just punch.

https://www.bluebeam.com/solutions/project-rover

• Roye

July 9, 2021 at 8:33 am

Hey Andrew, thank you for the reply. Rover definitely keeps percolating in my brain for this task. I’ve been running Beta on that, and it sounds from Bluebeam reps that it is more geared towards the GC’s, but that didn’t really stop be before.

I didn’t experiment with that a lot, to be completely sold on it, I see some advantages and some drawbacks to using that.

Are you and your team running the Beta on it? Or are you at the paid membership base? I’m interested to know what is the cost of that.

I guess I was more curious to see if there’s an easy way to achieve what I want in Sessions to maximize our current licenses in-lieu-of buying another product.

• Andrew Veggian

July 9, 2021 at 12:41 pm

I believe we are still testing on Beta. I don’t know the pricing on it yet, but I believe it is a set monthly cost per project.