Reply To: Polylength v. Perimeter

  • David Cutler

    Member
    October 26, 2022 at 7:54 am
    Points: 34,546
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII

    Most of our “Legacy” takeoff tools are Perimeter Measurements. I’m not sure why as they were setup by my predecessor. As I’m updating tools I’m converting them to Polylengths. One of the reasons I prefer the Polylengths is the ability to use a “Rise/Drop” value – typically we end our service connections 5 foot outside of the houseline. Using a “-5” value in the Rise/Drop allows me to extend the markup all the way to the wall rather than pulling the markup to the line, looking at the measurement and then dragging it back 5 ft. Another bonus of this setup is when the client changes their mind and wants us to go 5 foot inside the building I can select all of the service measurements at once change my Rise/Drop to +5 to get an updated quantity!

    One note is that for some reason Revu will not allow you to type in a negative value into the Rise/Drop box. The work around is to type “-5” in another spot – say in a text box for example – and then copy/paste it into the Rise/Drop box.