Reply To: Setting Up Standards – The Coveted Clean Slate

  • Troy DeGroot

    Organizer
    July 6, 2023 at 6:07 pm
    Points: 30,262
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II

    All great answers, as always. my approach is always, what makes us successful, what obstacles have we eliminated in the past, and what can I mimic in Bluebeam. For instance, a yellow highlighter has always been for “Material X”, when I make a tool to measure “Material X” it will be yellow. Reduce the learning curve as much as possible by keeping things the same. Bake in the wisdom of your senior employees. Build the tools and profile so users trip into doing everything correctly, and make it so they have to go out of their way to do it wrong.

    As far as sharing files on this site, all I ask is that the material drives people TO my site and not away from it. Thanks for all you guys do!