Reply To: Spaces for Individual Rooms

  • Don Walke

    Member
    August 25, 2023 at 7:47 am
    Points: 6,440
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

    Yes, area measurement before space. I played around with the “area markup from space” but I have so many custom column attributes assigned to my different area tools that it wouldn’t do me any good.

    Yes, I do capture all of the quantities from one area measurement. The area gives me the ceiling area and the “Length” gives me the wall area (L x D), base length (L), crown length (L).

    I separate the different items with custom columns, for example, base length is determined by a choice column (Y=1, N=0, D=-1) times “Length” with the “tool” having the choice column set as “Y”. There is also a number column “Base Height” with default setting at 12″ so initial results will be LF, and adjustments to height will result in a SF result.

    The nice thing with this is that with the interior doors, I have tools for different door heights ant the measurement is a polyline of the width with the base choice column set to “D” so that the markup deletes the width of the door from the base total. Wall area is also deducted. Door face area is totaled along with casing/jamb length or area.

    I’ve got over 70 custom columns with most of them hidden and I pull a CSV file sorted by room with column totals.

    It took a while to develope and if needed a series of custom columns can be creates in a couple of minutes if the need arises.