Reply To: Tricks for trimming markups

  • David Cutler

    Member
    April 22, 2021 at 7:52 pm
    Points: 34,546
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII

    Thank you Troy. Unfortunately my reduction isn’t consistent so I think I need to adjust each markup.

    What I’ve come up with at this point is to draw a 2.5 ft radius circle that I’m dropping on the markup so one side is at the edge of the sidewalk, the other side is then 5 ft behind the sidewalk. Next I’m grabbing the end of my existing markup and dragging it back to the edge of the circle.

    I’m copying the circle multiple times and leaving one at each unit. I plan on selecting them all on the markup list and then using “paste in place” (CTRL+SHIFT+V) (thank you @lizlarsen !) to paste them onto my water takeoff page and then repeat the endpoint move as described above.

    I started with a 5 Ft square, but found I needed to rotate it to get an accurate offset. The circle eliminates this issue.

    I’m open to suggestions for the next time!