Reply To: A way to avoid re-typing data

  • David Cutler

    Member
    September 13, 2021 at 7:30 am
    Points: 34,546
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII

    That’s a good question Vince.

    The standard “Snip & Sketch” captures does work well for photos and does save the step of printing the photo to a PDF. The challenge becomes when working with text or linework “Snip & Sketch” also captures the background. As a result, in this example “Snip & Sketch” would generate a block of white, in addition to the text. The Revu Snapshot tool only captures the text from the PDF (assuming you have the gridlines turned off in Excel when you print to PDF).

    As a side note, for more complicated forms, I’ve considered making an Excel grid template with cell names in each cell (A1, A2, A3) and then printing that to a PDF. Using the Snapshot tool I could then paste that grid over another PDF and use the grid to “map” the form that I’m looking to fill out. I’d then write a series of formulas in Excel to place my data where it needs to be to be pasted into the form.