Reply To: Combining Drawings

  • David Cutler

    Member
    October 13, 2021 at 7:29 am
    Points: 34,562
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII

    That’s a great timesaving and cost saving idea Vince!

    I’m a fan of having one file with all of the sheets in it as I find it easiest to scroll through the pages. Brings me back to my younger days when you could page through a set of plans and tab them up with sticky notes I guess.

    While I’ve seen a number of discussions about using “Sets” in Revu, I haven’t really explored the topic extensively yet. I think that Sets would work for you for eliminating your heating layouts in your example, and, if my understanding is correct it may not slow down your computer as much when dealing with 700 pages.

    At the end of the day the real question is if your printing company is savvy enough to print a set and will they do so at the same price as a 500 page single PDF. If not, maybe you need to introduce them to @uchapter2 …