Reply To: Combining Drawings

  • Vince

    Member
    October 13, 2021 at 7:58 am
    Points: 16,890
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt I UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt I

    Hi David. I have tried using Sets but unfortunately I just haven’t been able to get it to work for me and have given up on that.

    Basically, I am unable to get Bluebeam to label up all of the drawings properly because there appears to be no consistency in the placing of title blocks, rev no’s, etc and that is even when it is the same Engineer or Architect has produced the drawings. Throw into the mix specialists, structural engineers, civil engineers, architects, etc and everything just becomes a complete mess.

    Hopefully Bluebeam will fine tune things at their end to sort some of these issues out.

    In the meantime I have developed a spreadsheet which uses Power Query to produce a drawing register. Basically, I keep all of the drawings in dated sub-folders as the revisions come through. Power Query produces the register based on the contents of all the files. The file name is then hyperlinked so if I want to open a drawing then all I have to do is click on the name. Hope that makes sense!

    With regards the printers – I don’t think it would be wise to complicate things any further for them! 😆