Beware when using tools on Older Versions of Review!

• Beware when using tools on Older Versions of Review!

Posted by David Cutler on April 9, 2021 at 9:38 am

I came across an interesting one today. Working on my laptop which has Revu 2018.5 installed. I’ve previously copied my tools from my laptop onto this machine. These tools are created/updated in Revu 2019. It appears that Review 2018.5 doesn’t allow measurements in square yards! This is a problem as some of my tools are setup to measure in square yards and it is providing output that is 9 times larger than it should.

Something to be aware of if you are sharing tools with people using older versions of Revu or if you are using your tools on multiple machines.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this? I suppose that I could put a formula in the custom column to convert from SF to SY, but that wouldn’t work on my desktop machine unless I changed the original tool back to measuring in SF – which isn’t how I want it to display…

David Cutler replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    April 9, 2021 at 10:50 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

If you select all the markups and go to the Measurement Panel, toward the bottom you can change the units setting. You might have to select your tools in the toolsets and make this change for each one before placing any more. or just switch it when you’re done.

• David Cutler

April 10, 2021 at 5:02 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Thank you Troy. I’ll have to check that out.

Have you heard of this being an issue before using tools created in a newer version in an older version?

• David Cutler

April 12, 2021 at 5:52 am

Okay, opened up the file again in Revu 2018 and looked for the option on the Measurement Panel for changing from Square Feet to Square Yards and I’m not seeing it?

I also found a mistake in a couple of the other custom tools on my Desktop that I’m using where they still set to measure in Square Feet rather than in Square Yards so operator error was part of my original issue after all (surprise, surprise….)🙂

• Doug McLean

April 13, 2021 at 1:17 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

I’ve noticed this too, only with Line Styles.
    We have a couple of people here using 2019, but Revu 20 allows for Custom Line styles that don’t show up as an available tool.

• David Cutler

April 14, 2021 at 4:44 am

I guess it’s kinda like cars. Our 2018 minivan has features that our 2010 model doesn’t, can’t expect that the older model has everything that the newer one does when it wasn’t available back then.🙂