Bluebeam Backup

• Bluebeam Backup

Posted by Vince French on October 19, 2021 at 2:47 pm

When you backup Bluebeam does it literally save everything i.e. profiles, custom tools & columns, etc.? Or does it just save some of the features?

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    October 21, 2021 at 11:43 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

It’s been a while since I did a backup. 😬

I don’t remember what’s all backed up with that function. I like to be sure to save all the parts and pieces in a specific folder. Lines, hatches, toolsets, profiles, etc..

• David Cutler

October 26, 2021 at 7:28 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Is “backup” a feature of the software, or is this a process that your IT Team does Vince? (I don’t see “backup” as a command in Revu and the in software help doesn’t show any topics.)

If your IT Team is backing up your computer to an off-site location I would expect “what” is backed up is controlled by their settings, not by anything in the software. If they are backing up your entire hard drive then I would think that anything that you have saved, including profiles, custom tools and such would be restorable.

Disclaimer – I am not an IT professional in any capacity – and, like Troy, I can’t remember the last time we backed up our home computer. My understanding is that our IT team backs up our company computers on a regular basis so that they can restore them if something happens. Additionally we save everything to a network drive that is also backed up on a regular basis. Thank you for bringing this up as now I will have to ask to confirm my understanding is correct…

• Vince French

October 26, 2021 at 8:56 am

Hi David

Unfortunately I am the IT team 😱!

Revu > Preferences > Admin > Backup is where I went – it creates a Zip file which appears to save the .bpx and .btx files but I just wondered if this would miss anything like formulas in custom columns, etc.?

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        October 26, 2021 at 10:52 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I would definitely export your custom column file!