Calibrating

• Calibrating

Posted by Doug McLean on March 9, 2021 at 3:04 pm

I use the Search tool to quickly find my scales.

I’ll find a scale marker, copy that into the Search parameter box and then hit Search.

Once Revu has found all of those, I simply click the box to select all, then choose Highlight selected.
    Then I open my markups list, and select all of those highlights.
    Go to your Measurements Tab, click Calibrate, set the scale accordingly, click Apply to Page Range, click Ok.
    Click Save, then delete the highlighted markups and move on to the next one.

You might get a little overlap where you have more than one scale on a given page, but you can deal with that on an individual basis as necessary.

Andrew Veggian replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 10, 2021 at 3:44 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

This is great Doug. I typically tell people to calibrate each sheet picking two points just in case it was printed incorrectly or scanned, but I really like this if you have drawings you trust are accurate, this would save a lot of time! Welcome to the group Doug!

• Doug McLean

March 17, 2021 at 12:50 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

well, its a great way to start…. and I always do a quick double check once I need to start doing markups.

• Andrew Veggian

March 16, 2021 at 4:59 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

This is an interesting idea. I’ll have to try this next time!

• David Cutler

March 16, 2021 at 1:16 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Based on a suggestion that Troy had made on a webinar I viewed I typically set the scale for each page individually. We already have a best practice of checking the scale with a custom measurement on each sheet called “scaling”. When I get a new drawing set as part of getting familiar with the project I page through each sheet and use the custom scaling tool to measure the length of the visual scale on the drawing sheet. When I do this Bluebeam prompts me to set the scale. Two clicks, a quantity entry and another click and my scale is set.