Cloud+ Add Leader

Tagged: , ,

• Cloud+ Add Leader

Posted by Matt Zatorski on January 12, 2024 at 3:14 pm

Is there a way to add a leader to the cloud+ markup?

I know how to add a leader to a callout box, but the option is not there for the cloud+.

For context, I had a markup with a really long cloud and I wanted to be able to point to different sections of the cloud to the same callout.

Troy DeGroot replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

January 12, 2024 at 3:26 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Welcome to the Brainery @mattzat

That’s a good question – I have never seen anyone add a second leader to a cloud+ markup. If it is possible I expect someone will be long shortly who knows how. Until then you could probably use a poly line that matches the line weight and color and then group the cloud+ and the added poly line. It’s a bit clunky, but would get the job done.

If it turns out it isn’t available it may be worth making a post to BlueBeam’s “Product Suggestion site:

https://suggestions.bluebeam.com/ideas/new

• Roye Arie

January 12, 2024 at 4:07 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

I don’t think it’s doable to add a leader to a Cloud+. I also don’t think you can group a Cloud+ with another markup.

My suggestion is that you’ll use a callout box and align the leader with the markup and group them. The limitation of that is that you can’t move the callout markup around without ungrouping.

And like David mentioned, you should match the line weight and color.

• Doug McLean

January 12, 2024 at 7:00 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Excellent question.

I think the very nature of the tool itself doesn’t lend itself to a second leader.
    I would do what both David and Roye have suggested and match a callout to the Cloud+

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 14, 2024 at 10:00 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

My suggestion would be to Copy/Past-In-Place the cloud. I’m never an advocate for overlapping markups, but if the need is there….

With this, the clouds can match exactly and the notes can be separated as needed.

Welcome to the community @mattzat Glad your here!