Document Compare & Document Overlay

• Document Compare & Document Overlay

Posted by Troy DeGroot on February 19, 2021 at 6:12 pm

For those who haven’t seen Document Compare or Overlay, these tools are a game-changer for finding what changed in those revisions. Clouding changes has become a thing of the past, but we can still catch the changes! In this video, I also show how to combine both tools to show where changes occurred and also what changed in the same drawing.
    https://youtu.be/YovDw6kKaJA

Troy DeGroot replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Cutler

October 12, 2022 at 7:57 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Overlaying documents is one of my favorite workflows when I receive an updated plan set. One great feature is the way that Revu establishes layers for each of the compared sheets (one layer for each version). In addition to the different colors that Revu assigns to each version I find that toggling the layers on and off makes seeing the differences much easier.

Bonus Tip: If you need to show someone what has changed you can take snapshots of the area that has changed with the original image displayed, the current image displayed or the overlay. These snapshots can then be added to an email or other document to communicate the changes to others.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      October 12, 2022 at 10:33 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great tip @David Cutler , I love that Snapshot tool!