Dynamic Fill

Tagged: 

• Dynamic Fill

Posted by Vince French on July 22, 2021 at 4:29 am

Is there a way to get Bluebeam to recognise other mark-ups as boundaries to dynamic fill?

Vince French replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    July 22, 2021 at 8:25 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

You would have to flatten the markup for that to work. Dynamic Fill is looking for content in the PDF, and the markups are simply overlayed so it doesn’t see them.

• David Cutler

July 22, 2021 at 9:48 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Would it work for you @vince to flatten the markups, complete your dynamic fill using the flattened markup as boundaries, and then unflatten the markups so that they are available for editing?

• David Cutler

July 27, 2021 at 11:33 am

I tried this earlier today with no luck. Revu didn’t recognize the flattened markup as a boundary. Do you think the type of markup would make a difference @troydegroot ?

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
          July 27, 2021 at 2:33 pm
          Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

@vince or @dcutler you could try flattening and then creating a new pdf from that one. maybe then it would be totally flattened.

• Vince French

July 29, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Unfortunately, although I try to measure in a structured way, I still jump between measuring different things a lot of the time so unfortunately I don’t think I would ever have all of the other mark-ups ready to flatten them. In which case I will carry on as I am. Thanks for the ideas though!

• David Cutler

July 30, 2021 at 8:45 am

How about this as another idea @vince ? When you get to a point where it would be useful to fill against a markup print the file to a new PDF as @troydegroot suggested and save it as another name. This would allow you to maintain your “live” un-flattened file. Perform the dynamic fill that you are looking to capture, copy the markup and then use “paste-in-place” to bring that markup back into your live file.

This certainly isn’t a perfect approach – it’s kinda clunky – but if you are working with a significant number of irregular shapes it may be faster than re-tracing the boundaries of the area that you are trying to capture.

• Vince French

August 4, 2021 at 12:03 am

Thanks David! I’ll give this a go on a smaller project first I think.