Making Bluebeam your default PDF viewer

• Making Bluebeam your default PDF viewer

Posted by Vince French on March 5, 2022 at 12:50 am

Maybe most people in this group have already done this but making Bluebeam your default viewer instead of something like Adobe means that you can zoom in & out of the details of a drawing in the preview on Windows Explorer.

I showed this to a couple of people the other day and they were amazed – no more opening up loads of drawings to find which one contains the right small details, etc..

Vince French replied 2 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 5, 2022 at 9:02 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Bluebeam has always been my default, I didn’t realize the viewer in Windows Explorer wasn’t standard. 👍

• Vince French

March 5, 2022 at 9:29 am

I reset mine from Adobe quite a while ago but virtually everyone else that I know still has Adobe as their default viewer even if they have Bluebeam installed.

• David Cutler

March 8, 2022 at 8:08 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

A number of my co-workers still have “that other” pdf software as their defaults. Unfortunately old habits die hard and they are used to the interface…🙂

• Michael Echave

March 15, 2022 at 10:33 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt I UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt I

Vince another idea is to create an MSI package for your team, which you can customize for it to auto install as default PDF viewer.

• Vince French

March 15, 2022 at 10:51 am

Thanks Michael.

Unfortunately I know very little (well actually nothing) about this sort of thing so I guess it is going to be something I need to read up on! 😀