New / Modified Tool Suggestions Section?

• New / Modified Tool Suggestions Section?

Posted by Vince French on August 4, 2021 at 12:34 am

I haven’t seen this anywhere else @troydegroot so hope I haven’t missed something!

Just wondering if it is worth having a section in this group for new tool / modifications suggestions from members?

It would be interesting to see whether members have similar problems / issues using the package and if there are any simple modifications that could be put forward to Bluebeam? I am aware you can put forward suggestions individually but a discussion on here might reveal common issues, solutions already available, etc..

If so, I would like to kick this off by suggesting that the boundary tool in Dynamic Fill is updated so it can be much finer. Although this currently works well when you are applying a boundary to a straight edge it becomes rather more difficult to accurately apply to an irregular shape.

What do you think?

Vince French replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • David Cutler

August 4, 2021 at 7:08 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

It would also be helpful if there was a setting that allowed markups to serve as boundaries for dynamic fill.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 4, 2021 at 4:41 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I also ran into this yesterday, the Boundary size I can work with most time because you just have to line up one side of the thick line, it doesn’t have to be associated with anything at all. I was running into an issue where the Fill dot was too big. In full disclosure, I was creating tiny social media buttons for my email signature. 😂

• Vince French

August 5, 2021 at 12:10 am

I’ve run into the problem of the dot being too big as well e.g. areas like shingle margins around a house.

With the boundary, a lot of the time I find it difficult to get the thick line neatly / accurately lined up with irregular shapes – whether this is curved areas or maybe even trying to stop the fill half way through a door opening in a wall. It may not make too much difference to the overall area measurement but it bugs the hell out of me because it just doesn’t look right! 😆

• David Cutler

August 5, 2021 at 6:53 am

At times I get frustrated with the dynamic fill results when the limits of the markup aren’t “smooth” for lack of a better term. I find that I end up going back in and deleting “extra” points to make the markup “look right” as you say Vince. Many times this appears to be an issue with the quality of the original linework. While I like the concept of dynamic fill sometimes I find it quicker to just click my way around a shape rather than going back to clean up the “extra” control points.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
          August 5, 2021 at 10:55 am

You might try adjusting the Edge Sensitivity in the Dynamic Fill Properties..

• Vince French

August 5, 2021 at 1:30 pm

I have adjusted everything as much as possible but could still do with being able to adjust even more – just being fussy I guess! 😆

• David Cutler

August 5, 2021 at 6:55 am

You really should have your IT staff putting those things together for you Troy so you can focus on more important task. 🙂

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        August 5, 2021 at 10:59 am

My IT guy sent me to my marketing guy, who sent me to my graphics designer. After getting the run-around, I just decided to do it myself! 😂