Offset Lines

• Offset Lines

Posted by Vince French on July 14, 2023 at 12:22 am

For those who haven’t seen my LinkedIn post, here is the link to a video where I show how I use the custom lines feature to get over Revu’s lack of an offset function.

Hopefully, it will be of use to a few of you.

https://youtu.be/e7n9FeKfzpw

Vince French replied 8 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 14, 2023 at 12:06 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Thanks for sharing @Vince. One thing to keep in mind from a CAD user, the direction you draw the line will determine which direction the offset goes. If you draw clockwise and it offsets the wrong direction, try drawing counterclockwise.

Once you build these line styles and tools, how do you deal with different drawing scales?

• Vince French

August 14, 2023 at 2:20 pm

Hi Troy.
      I know what you mean about which side of the line to offset to – I typically markup from left to right on the screen so my markup for a stone head to a window is offset to the opposite side to that of the stone cill. However, I have copied a couple of tools and they have the wrong offset so I need to go back and reverse those.

With regards dealing with different scales, if you are jumping from a 1:50 drawing to a 1:100 then you just need to half the line thickness.

I try to keep the tools using ‘standard’ widths so I can quickly go into the toolboxes and adjust all the line widths if I am going to be working on a large number of drawings.