Site Grids

Tagged: ,

• Site Grids

Posted by Vince French on March 1, 2022 at 2:13 am

I think I am missing something simple here but I can’t see a way to draw a 10m x 10m grid across a site plan without basically having to do it in individual lines?

I know that you can mark-up a few and then copy & paste in batches but doesn’t Bluebeam have a grid that you can turn-on and set to whatever dimensions you require?

Vince French replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Cutler

March 1, 2022 at 6:16 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

The quick solution @vince is to turn the grid on in the “View” dropdown. This displays a grid of points across the page. You may have a button visible in your bottom tray to toggle this on or off. You can also set your cursor to snap to this grid. Note that this grid does not print and I’m not sure how to modify the spacing…

If you are looking to establish a permanent, printable grid (similar to what you have on a paper map) you could create a standard grid template and then overlay it on to your drawings.

• Vince French

March 1, 2022 at 7:39 am

@david-cutler that’s unfortunately what I thought.

The grid display seems to vary as you zoom in & out which is of no use unfortunately.

I did start drawing up a template but thought that I must have been missing something and that a scaled grid is one of those things that Bluebeam would include.

I guess this is another one to add to the requested new features list!