Use your scroll wheel to avoid moving markups

• Use your scroll wheel to avoid moving markups

Posted by David Cutler on December 19, 2022 at 8:32 am

A “feature” of Revu I’ve been very frustrated with is the way the “Pan” tool transforms into a “Relocate” tool when you move your mouse over a markup with the pan tool active. If you have a plan sheet with multiple markups (parking lot, building floorplan, etc.) it is very easy to accidently relocate a markup when panning around the document.

A way to avoid accidently relocating markups when you need to pan around a document is to not select the Pan tool at all! Simply click down on the scroll wheel on your mouse instead. When you hold down the scroll wheel, no mater what tool you have selected, your curser shifts into “Pan Mode”. With the scroll wheel depressed simply drag the view at will. When you release the scroll wheel you will automatically return to the tool that you were using before you started panning.

Liz Larsen replied 1 year, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    December 19, 2022 at 2:53 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I love it, I always forget about this one. Thanks for sharing @David Cutler

• Doug McLean

December 30, 2022 at 6:09 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

One of my personal favourite tips and tricks to share.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 4, 2023 at 10:44 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

this might have already been shared, but I thought I would put a tip on a tip. When you’re actively in a tool such as a measurement, you can hold your space bar and pan to a different area of the drawing without exiting the measurement tool.

• David Cutler

January 4, 2023 at 12:20 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Haven’t heard of that one before @troy-degroot ! Definitely a worthy add-on tip!

• Liz Larsen

January 5, 2023 at 2:36 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I’ve always used the middle mouse button to pan while mid-markup.

But I did not know the spacebar trick. That is a Grade A pro tip right there, sir.