UGH, printing is more broken now than ever

• UGH, printing is more broken now than ever

Posted by Isaac Harned on September 25, 2024 at 1:26 pm

Got the new update installed, was very hopefull, but looks like the stapler still has the issue of printing deactivated layers, and the stapler print dialogue is now missing the Rotation options. The normal print dialogue has a rotation, but no matter what I set it to, I get a portrait out of it. Also the dark mode doesn’t like the output of the BB printer. So frustrating. Both of the below snapshots were done under the exact same stapler settings, but one was a Ctrl+P to Bluebeam PDF, and the other was right click send to stapler.

UC2 Bluebeam-Support replied 1 week, 2 days ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Vince

September 28, 2024 at 1:52 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

That is not looking good, and I expect the necessary fix won’t be ready very soon!

• UC2 Bluebeam-Support

Organizer
    September 30, 2024 at 4:10 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

Hi Issac,

I’d like to dig into this. I’m assuming you’re on 21.3.0 as it it was released on Sept 24th and dark mode was introduced. Could you send me the same screenshots with dark mode turned off while we troubleshoot this? Dark mode was just released so, I expects issues like these to arise. We can look into that later, i’d like to focus on the stapler issues first.

-Could you post the print dialog screen for both the Ctrl+P as well as the stapler settings when right clicking?

-Which program were these documents created in prior to the PDF exports?

-Were you able to convert files with deactivated layers before this last update?

1. In the CAD plot dialog, select DWG to PDF.pc3, click PDF Options.
    2. In PDF Options dialog, is “Include layer information” selected?

Thank you!

• Isaac Harned

October 1, 2024 at 5:46 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II

So the stapler issue has been around since 21.0.3.0, and I have been in touch with support since the day it came out. In the attached files, EAB-1 was processed prior to 21.0.3.0 and processed as
    expected. Since the layer print setting were set to “Use Default”,
    all inactive layers were not printed. The second print was processed after the
    21.0.3.0 update, and printed all layers even if they were inactive, and had the
    same layer settings as previous.

The main issue for this update is that my work around for this was to Print to PDF using the normal print dialogue. I would select Print as Image (vector and grid would make the layers print or weird inconsistencies in the quality across the page). Before the 21.3 update, after using the print function from the normal Ctrl+p dialogue, a stapler window would pop up, with selections for “Application” and “Page Rotation”. These options no longer appear in the latest 21.3 update, and no matter what orientation I select or what rotation (Auto 90 and Auto -90 both tried) options I select in the print window, my pages process as portrait. The stapler options used to fix this by selecting Autorotate.

Forms were created in Revu.

Long story short, I used to just be able to select these forms in the explorer and right click send to stapler, flatten and print very crisp all at once. Now it’s a 3 step process and not very intuitive. Trying to get the guys in my department used to a new workflow and it keeps changing, very frustrating.

• UC2 Bluebeam-Support

Organizer
    October 14, 2024 at 12:23 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for sharing your insights; they will be valuable for others encountering similar issues.

We have confirmed that the rotation problem is a known issue, which has been reported to Bluebeam. It appears that the recent 21.3 update is responsible for the rotation option’s absence.

In the interim, we recommend that users refrain from updating to this version if the rotation feature is essential for their work. For those already on version 21.3, the only available workaround is to revert to a previous version of Revu 21. Please keep an eye out for Bluebeams next update, if the fix is included, it’ll show in the release notes.