FREE On-Demand Training Course!

• FREE On-Demand Training Course!

Posted by Troy DeGroot on June 14, 2024 at 10:02 am

🎆 Exciting times UC2 Members. As I begin to roll out digital courses, students around the world will be allowed to take industry-leading courses on their own time, at their own pace.

📽️ My most popular YouTube video with over 35,000 views is focused on Revu Settings & Preferences, and it was a quick one at only 9 minutes. So I dove deeper, added a ton more content, and created a FREE course. Understanding your settings and preferences is like automating tips & tricks making you more efficient.

🙏 Enroll for FREE, and do me a favor, once you have your certificate of completion, leave a review and share it with your network. Help me grow this new resource!

I appreciate you! Thanks for being part of an amazing Professional Learning Community. I couldn’t be more proud of this group and the friendships being made here.

https://uchapter2.com/courses/getting-started-with-bluebeam-settings-preferences/

Troy DeGroot replied 3 months, 4 weeks ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Vince

June 15, 2024 at 1:55 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

Great stuff – thanks @troy-degroot !

• Doug McLean

June 15, 2024 at 12:41 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII

just finished it up.
    Great course, always best to start at the beginning.

I did notice a couple of things though

1) I see you did it in Revu 20. There are a few subtle changes in the Revu 21 Preferences. Maybe take a look at them and update the course?

2) You said “Move on to the last lesson” twice. At the end of the Import/Export lesson you say it, then you repeat it in the “Advanced” lesson.

I learned a few things too. I didn’t know about the Sketch abilities, and the part about adjusting your Recents was new to me

• Roye Arie

June 17, 2024 at 8:58 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt I UC2 Brainery Orange Belt I

Great course @troy! I completed mine and definitely learned a few things, and refreshed on a few other things.

Couple of things that I noticed that you may want to touch on are as follows:

1. For the Crosshairs, I know you mentioned that you try not to touch too much on shortcuts, but given the fact that it’s a single button action to turn on/off, I think it’s worth mentioning. I know that I, on occasion, turn it off (since my preference is for the crosshairs to be on).

2. My other comment is regarding tool/item placement on the screen. In-lieu-of pointing to a general location, it would make sense to highlight the item you’re referring to. Maybe mention where they are located in the event that they are not on the screen for that person that is taking the course. (for example, the Dimmer button is not visible on my screen, but the course refreshed my memory on this to help isolate markups.

I think that’s it for now, I’ll let you know if I think of anything else.

• Carl Wegman

June 17, 2024 at 2:40 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt III UC2 Brainery White Belt III

I’m unable to jump to the next lesson. Stuck on Lesson 1

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      June 17, 2024 at 5:40 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

sorry for the glitch, we are looking into it as we speak. We tested everything more than thoroughly to avoid problems, but of course, a new one pops up. I only announced it to this group so we could find bugs like this. Thanks for the heads up @carlwegman

• Vince

June 20, 2024 at 12:51 pm

I’ve been having the same problem here @carlwegman

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    June 20, 2024 at 7:17 pm

@carlwegman and @Vince

You guys should be go to go!

• Vince

June 21, 2024 at 1:54 am

Thanks @troy-degroot !

• Carl Wegman

June 21, 2024 at 8:17 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt III UC2 Brainery White Belt III

Purchase the course first (free), an email receipt is sent.

Start the course from the link in the email.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        June 21, 2024 at 12:35 pm

@carlwegman you should be able to pick up where you left off. This time the “Mark Complete” button should be available. Sorry for the trouble.