Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade to Bluebeam Revu 20!
0:00 INtroduction to Bluebeam and Burgers
0:18 Measurement Tools now have the ability to incorporate custom line styles. This is great for estimates of any discipline. Civil designers, for example, you have very specific line styles for underground/above ground utilities, Sanitary Sewer and Gas Lines, these can now be shown with the accurate visual style, but also calculate lengths automatically. Also, maybe you have a fenced enclosure and need the length of each side and a total length, no problem.
3:10 New Textbox Shape. For those doing keynotes, part numbers, or P&ID markups you’re no longer limited to rectangles, circles, and triangles. We have a new hexagon shape to add to our legend of symbols.
4:10 Markup Tools. In Revu 20 a Textbox is a Callout and a Callout is a Textbox! I always get asked in training “can I remove ALL the leaders from a callout”, now you can. I also get asked “can you add a leader to a textbox”, now you can!
Increased compatibility with updated plugins for: AutoCAD 2021, Navisworks 2021, Sketchup Pro 2020. I’m excited to do more research on these.
4:45 Autosize Font Size in Multi-line Text. You have a multiline text box and want to stretch to autosize the font size, previously Revu would force it to be one line of text and adjust the size which is never the desired result. Revu 20 allows you to autosize the font size while the text remains multiline.
5:30 A new Find Tool & Command search feature in the help menu allows you to type in the name of a tool you’re looking for and Revu 20 will help you find it. This is great for discovering new tools or simply search for tools that may be turned off.
New Dark Theme. I’ve always had a lot of feedback with brand new users in particular saying the black background was hard to differentiate the tool panels on the sides. They also have a difficult time finding the blue line to expand the side panels. In Revu 20 they lightened the background just enough that you can see the change to black at the side panels. This should make locating the blue line easier in my introductory classes.
Improved Rendering. The team at Bluebeam continuously works to improve rendering speeds and performance. Revu 20 is no different, they have worked to achieve better loading time on markup-heavy documents and also improved performance when splitting documents.
Software Updates. Ongoing quarterly functionality updates and improvements. This means we don’t have to wait for a big splash once a year.🎉 We can get continuous progress as they build out features. 🎉This also means if they create something awesome in November they don’t have to wait till August to release it!!!😍 As an active contributor to the Beta program, there are thousands of amazing ideas being collected. I’m excited to see how the developers at Bluebeam build on what is already the best software available.🎉
6:42 Markups List Improvements allow users to generate and communicate information quicker and with more clarity.
• Filter with greater than or less than, begins or contains
• A1 and A01 will sort before S2 and A02
• Improved sorting and filtering options & save filters
8:20 Exporting improvements – include replies
9:04 Studio Enhancements. Bluebeam Studio is a FREE cloud-based tool within every seat/version of Bluebeam Revu. Yes, you already have it! It’s one of the most powerful tools available, yet excessively underutilized. Many are flocking to this technology as we’re all required to remain productive while working from home. Construction drawings still need design review, submittals to cities, approval stamps, and field coordination. The show must go on!
• In Studio, you can now assign access settings as part of the setup process before your collaborators even join. It’s way easier to invite and manage collaborators to ensure the right people have the right access to information.
• Whether you check to include the users within groups or copy-paste addresses from an email, invitations just got a whole lot easier.
• Once you’re in a Studio Session or Project there’s a new tab showing you all the Sessions and Projects you’ve been invited to, but have Not Joined. No more searching for invitations and links within emails buried in your inbox. I was actually amazed at all the old Sessions and Projects I never knew about. I can even send a reminder to those who haven’t joined a Studio they were invited to. All this to increase efficiency, accountability, and trust throughout teams and reduce response times.
Hope you enjoy the video, be sure to Like and Subscribe and connect with me on LinkedIn. (Links Below)
For Consulting Services visit https://uchapter2.com/
Click here to Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/UChapter2?sub_confirmation=1
Visit my blog: https://uchapter2.com/blog/
Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/troydegroot/
Bluebeam, Revu, eXtreme, Bluebeam Vu, Studio, Batch Link and Punchkey, are registered trademarks of Bluebeam Inc., used under license.