Estimating software integration

• Estimating software integration

Posted by Austin Stewart on January 4, 2023 at 12:16 pm

Is Blue beam REVU capable of importing takeoff information into ConEst IntelliBid?

Doug McLean replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

January 4, 2023 at 12:34 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII

Welcome to the UChapter2 Brainery @austinsqeidaho-com .

I’m not familiar with Intellibid as we use a software called B2W (formerly Bid 2 Win). B2W allows you you import quantities from an Excel file into the software.

I’ve built custom tools in Revu that include the information that B2W requires for import (Item Number, Item Description, Unit of Measure and Quantity). Once I have my takeoff complete I export the markups from Revu as a .CSV file. I then “wash” the data in Excel to prepare it for import into B2W. Others use Power Query to complete this “washing”, I’m still working on that skill.

Basically you need to start your takeoff with the end product that your estimating software needs to import in mind. You should be able to find this in your documentation from ConEst – or just call their support line and ask.

@troy-degroot has some great posts on creating custom tools, including custom columns that will help you to gather the data that you need, in the format that you need, to import into your system – assuming it has the capability.

• David Cutler

January 4, 2023 at 3:28 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII

@austinsqeidaho-com check out this blog article by @Doug McLean – he is a pro at extracting data from Revu, washing the data and then importing it into the estimating software that is used by his team:

https://uchapter2.com/it-all-started-with-an-email-a-guest-post-by-doug-mclean-of-towne-millwork/

You’ve taken the hardest step – asking if it is possible. The rest is just details. 😎

• Doug McLean

January 4, 2023 at 3:42 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

If you need any help, just let me know

• Doug McLean

January 4, 2023 at 3:40 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

Hi Austin, welcome to the Brainery.

In answer to your question, probably not directly, but its more than likely doable.
    You’re first going to have to figure out exactly how data will get imported into your software.

As David said, you’ll probably have to wash it in Power Query or something to get it exactly correct.

You can look for my post about my XCON presentation on the message boards, it walks you through all the steps you’re going to need to do first in order to do what you want.
    If you like, you can jump on Studio and join Project 971-801-391. Its my presentation with the full Power Point and a bunch of step by step instructions.

Cheers