Large Multifamily projects

• Large Multifamily projects

Posted by Jared Prindle on March 22, 2022 at 8:28 am

Hello! New member and new Bluebeam user here.

So the company I work for specializes in the framing of large multifamily complexes (usually 100k SF or larger). Typically we have our lumber supplier do all our comprehensive lumber takeoffs. I was curious if Bluebeam could be set up to get some quick numbers to double check our supplier’s lists. Does it have some sort of AI feature that could generate some fast numbers if I did the dirty work to set it up? I’m worried that I wouldn’t have time to be able to generate my own lists manually with Bluebeam and keep up with my current workload of estimating.

David Cutler replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • David Cutler

March 22, 2022 at 8:37 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Welcome to the Brainery @jaredp !

Yes, Revu can definitely be setup to provide check numbers. Take a read through @troy-degroot ‘s blog entry at:

https://uchapter2.com/3-ways-framing-contractors-are-winning-with-bluebeam-revu/

This will get you started. The sky is the limit with Revu. The hardest part is deciding how far you want to take your custom tools.

Looking forward to having you be part of the group!

Dave

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      March 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

You are in the right place @jaredp welcome to the group and the Bluebeam community as a whole. I’ve built several custom tools for customers of all trades including framing. Don’t be afraid to speak up in the group with all your questions as you continue to learn. @Dave Thank you for pinpointing a resource!

• Jared Prindle

March 22, 2022 at 8:49 am

Thanks! I look forward to learning with you all!

• David Cutler

March 23, 2022 at 7:06 am

My pleasure @jaredp . I’d suggest making time to check out all of the blogs, videos and Brainery posts that you can. You can find them under the “Resources” drop down above. You may be surprised to see what you can take away from a post about cabinetry takeoffs or earthwork when your primary focus is framing. The key is to always be asking yourself “what can I do with this feature”.

A class or two with @troy-degroot will also open your eyes to all of the additional data you can generate in your takeoffs.

• David Cutler

April 11, 2022 at 6:51 am

@jaredp if you are on LinkedIn check out @Vince (Vince French)’s post “#bluebeam Roofing Take-Off”. Vince has put together some amazing custom tools in Revu that may give you some ideas on how to improve your workflow.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      April 12, 2022 at 1:50 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Post Link.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vince-french-ab9aaa85_bluebeam-activity-6918815183964377088-YA8e?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web

• David Cutler

April 12, 2022 at 2:06 pm

Thank you @troy-degroot for posting the link.