Problem adjusting control points on a single Area Measurement

• Problem adjusting control points on a single Area Measurement

Posted by David Cutler on March 12, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I have an area measurement that I copied from a previous takeoff to an updated set of drawings.  When I attempt to adjust the control points on the area measurement nothing works.  I can’t move the existing point, delete a point or add a new one.  Has anyone ever run into this before?  What is strange is that this appears to be limited to only one area measurement as I don’t seem to be having this problem with any of the other area measurements on the sheet.

Dave

David Cutler replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 12, 2021 at 7:39 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Is it locked in the properties?

Are the grips when you select the markup Yellow or Grey?

Or maybe if you’re in a Session you’re not able to change other people’s markups.

• David Cutler

March 12, 2021 at 9:43 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Good questions Troy.  I did check the properties and the markup is not locked – I learned something here though as I didn’t know it was possible to lock markups.  Grips are Yellow.  No Sessions here – I’m the only one working on this project…

• Doug McLean

March 13, 2021 at 3:26 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

I’ve had this issue with Spaces, but never Area.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 13, 2021 at 8:52 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

With Spaces, Hyperlinks, and Forms you have to make sure you’re in Edit Mode to even see the grips and adjust them. I forget this every time.
    I’m lost as to why the Area Measurement wouldn’t allow editing if the yellow grips are available. Maybe a bug in the document…