Quantity Link

• Quantity Link

Posted by Troy DeGroot on August 13, 2021 at 12:10 pm

If you’re looking for some instructions on how to set up custom tools and Quantity Link, check out my latest blog post. https://uchapter2.com/how-to-easily-set-up-quantity-link-in-bluebeam-revu/

Does this spark any new ideas for your current workflows?

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Cutler

August 16, 2021 at 6:48 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Soooo many possibilities with this one @troydegroot that I’m not sure where to start…

I need to go re-read the post, but a couple of questions to start with after my first read:

1. If a quantity link is established by a user with an Extreme license, can the markup be performed by someone with a Standard license?

2. Is it possible to have multiple people working in the same PDF file adding markups concurrently?

3. Does quantity link work with drawing sets?

4. Can the same linked Excel file draw from multiple PDF files?

Looking forward to exploring this one further.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      August 16, 2021 at 11:41 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great questions @david-cutler , Here is my best attempt at answering.

1. There is nothing special about the markups themselves, if everyone is using the same tools which are linked, the quantities should pull through regardless of who placed them.
      2. I’m pretty confident we cannot link to a file in a Studio Session so each person would have to essetually have the drawing checked out to do the markups.
      3. “Sets” are mearly a xref or viewport of the individual drawings. When you set up your QL you would be linking to those drawings with no regard to the “Set”. So yes QL should work without any issues in parallel with Sets.
      4. Yes, when you load the Source File, either load an entire folder or map to all the individual drawings you want linked.

Thanks for clearifying with some great questions. Wait until this weeks more advanced wrap-up of QL. I’ll be dropping some value bombs!