Quantity Window in Lower Right Corner

• Quantity Window in Lower Right Corner

Posted by Matt Hackman on October 5, 2022 at 8:23 am

I have someone looking to get the running quantity window that appears in the lower right corner of the screen when doing takeoff.

I do not use this and cannot find where to get this to appear. Does anyone know how to get this to pop up? Or what that little window is called?

David Cutler replied 1 year, 6 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Vince French

October 5, 2022 at 2:28 pm

Hi @Matt – I wasn’t aware of a pop-up window so would be interested to see an example of what you mean. I thought the only way to see the running totals on the actual drawing would to be to use a Legend.

• David Cutler

October 6, 2022 at 7:33 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Good morning @matt-hackman and @Vince

I’m not sure what it’s called, and can’t see how to turn it on/off, but I have it on my display so here’s a screenshot for you Vince. 😎

Perhaps it will get someone else to educate us on the technical term and how to access it. I’m hesitant to close it now since I don’t know how to get it back…

One thing I do find annoying about this “preview box” is that the measurement tools seem to get “blocked” by the box – if you are trying to measure a curb line for example if the line extends off the screen the screen will scroll as you move to the side, but not if it runs through the “preview box”.

• Vince French

October 6, 2022 at 7:42 am

Hi @Matt and @David Cutler

I’ have seen this before! If you click on a measurement tool a ruler should appear in the bottom right corner of the screen – click on that and it will open up the pop-up screen.

• David Cutler

October 6, 2022 at 7:58 am

Amazing what we can find when we prompt each other @Vince and @matt-hackman !

• Matt Hackman

October 6, 2022 at 11:44 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt IIII

Thank you both!

I would have never thought to actually start a takeoff and look around at my options.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    October 6, 2022 at 10:02 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great post guys, Thank you. I’ve been off fighting the spam wizards, glad you all found some answers.

• David Cutler

October 6, 2022 at 12:24 pm

I still don’t know the official name for this screen, but it can be handy. One spot I’ve used it is to establish offsets from a curb line for a pavement patch. If I know I need to be 2 feet off the curb I can start at the curb and extend out into the roadway looking at the segment length until I reach 2 feet then set my next point. This saves me having to establish the offset distance with another tool.