Reply To: Sharing Profiles – How to Make Sure Everyone has the Latest Updates?

  • Troy DeGroot

    Organizer
    October 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
    Points: 30,262
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II

    This depends on many factors and there are probably several correct answers.

    • If I just add a new Toolset, I just share the .btx file and have them double-click to load it. Then, Save Profile.
    • If there are a lot of changes, I would have them delete the Profile .bpx, Toolsets .btx, and Custom Column .xml files. Then, load the entire Profile again.
    • Some companies save the Profile in a locked folder on a network and map all the individual user computers. This way you can make the change globally. Some run a script to delete and deploy profiles every weekend. The rest here is anyone taking the time to build their own custom tools, might lose them (every weekend)
    • Maybe this older post will help some too. Best Practices for Sharing Bluebeam Revu Tools Profiles