Adding signature form fields to multiple pages

• Adding signature form fields to multiple pages

Posted by David Spergel on October 19, 2022 at 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a client that regularly works with large documents, (100+ pages), that require signatures from multiple parties on just about every page, so naturally I figured the solution would either be a) batch sign/seal, or b) create the signature field then right-click and apply to pages. Neither of these methods work, however; batch sign/seal only lets me add a signature, not the form field, and right-clicking the field the option to apply to pages is greyed out. Also tried creating a stamp with signature field and then applying the stamp but the signature field did not carry over.

Any ideas or workarounds? Is manually creating the fields on each page our only option? If so that would be a serious oversight.

Troy DeGroot replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • David Cutler

October 19, 2022 at 3:30 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Interesting question @dsperg .

Brings up a couple of additional questions:

1. What version of Revu are you using? We’ve seen some issues with functionality not working in the latest updates?

2. Are you looking to provide a secure digital signature on each page or a simple image of a “wet” signature?

For what it’s worth using Revu 20.2.70 Extreme I am able to create a simple stamp, apply it to one page, then select that stamp, right click and select “Apply to Pages” without any issues.

• David Cutler

October 19, 2022 at 3:34 pm

If you haven’t seen this yet @dsperg you might check out @troy degroot’s post about batch sign and seal:

https://uchapter2.com/brainery/tips-tricks/forum/topic/batch-sign-seal/

It’s been a while since I watched the video, but perhaps you will see something that helps you find the solution that you are looking for. Let us know what you are able to figure out.

• David Spergel

October 21, 2022 at 9:30 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Thanks David, they’re on Revu 20 but I’ve also tried on 21 and it’s no different.

Batch sign/seal is what I thought initially, but they don’t want to sign the document yet, since they require multiple signatures from multiple 3rd parties and just want to set up all the fields.

I’ll keep plugging away, maybe I’ll have to write a script for them as long as the fields are in the same X/Y location on each page.

Will let you know!

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    October 20, 2022 at 3:05 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great troubleshooting already @dsperg and I echo David Cutler’s questions.

Is the Form field you want to copy to each page a text field or a signature field?

When I’ve done this in the past I had to copy to the clipboard and CTRL+Shift+V to paste in place on each sheet. Not the answer your looking for at all.

In some cases the information in the text form is the same on every sheet, like a quote number or project number. In this case I make sure each text field is name exactly the same on every page. This way when you fill in one, it carries the data to all the matching fields.

• David Spergel

October 21, 2022 at 9:28 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes it is a signature form field; the document is 100+ pages and needs validated digital signatures from multiple 3rd parties outside the organization and then several internally, so the only way to do this without breaking validation is to have all the form fields set up before it’s sent out for signing.

Using the stamp method kind of works, but it doesn’t maintain the form field for the signature, which is unfortunate. Batch sign/seal doesn’t work either since we just want to add the fields, not the signatures.

Seems like copy/pasting is the solution for now.

• David Cutler

October 21, 2022 at 11:42 am

Sounds like a daunting task @dsperg ! Be sure to let us know if you find an efficient way of accomplishing this using Revu.😎

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    October 23, 2022 at 7:04 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

@dsperg I was digging through some of my old notes looking for tips & tricks for an upcoming webinar and found this one. Let me know if this helps.

Select several markups, holding the Shift key select several pages in the thumbnails, right click, and add markups to selected pages. All markups will copy to the selected pages.