Bluebeam Studio Sessions file with an Excel attachment

• Bluebeam Studio Sessions file with an Excel attachment

Posted by Chris Riley on August 19, 2022 at 5:06 pm

I have an Excel file that is attached to a document in Sessions (the little paper clip icon). When I open the Excel file it is not being checked out, so therefore any changes I make do not get saved. Is this a limitation of Sessions, or am I missing a preferences or file setting in Bluebeam.

Chris Riley replied 1 year, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 20, 2022 at 6:43 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Interesting. In a Studio Session, you can only upload PDF’s, but I haven’t tried attaching a different format as you did. I would assume because you’re not checking out or checking in like a Studio Project it wouldn’t save. I’m kind of surprised the attachment even stayed attached. In most situations, I teach students to use Projects for everything and only send documents to a Session if multiple people absolutely have to work at the same time. Even then I only send individual sheets, not a whole set.

I don’t think this helps you, but this is a place to chat through ideas. Thanks for posting @ChrisRiley

• Chris Riley

August 22, 2022 at 8:32 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

I am not sure why they would allow you to attach anything but a PDF, but they do. Weird.

• Doug McLean

August 20, 2022 at 2:25 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Yeah, I didn’t think you could upload an Excel file to a Session.

Maybe try and move it to a Project and it should work.

• Chris Riley

August 22, 2022 at 8:31 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

Not adding the excel file to the session, using the attachment option. Which works it show the paper clip and if you click on it Excel opens the file, but Bluebeam doesn’t check it out.