Double Clicking On The Mark-Ups List

• Double Clicking On The Mark-Ups List

Posted by Vince French on April 6, 2022 at 8:55 am

Is there a setting that you can change so you only have to single click on an item in the Mark-Ups list in order so you can change it?

Vince French replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

April 6, 2022 at 9:32 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Interesting question @Vince

I’d be surprised if you could change such a setting. While I understand the desire to reduce clicks I think it could be annoying if Revu went into edit mode every time that you selected an item in the markup list.

You could try this – I run with the “Properties” window “un-docked” on a separate monitor. That way when I click on a markup (either on the drawing or the markup list) I have all of the fields available for editing in the Properties window. This would save you a click if you selected the markup on the drawing and then went right to the Properties window for editing.

• Vince French

April 6, 2022 at 10:22 am

Thanks @David Cutler . Unfortunately I am trying to work my way down through the mark-up list and add a few details. The problem is that doing this at speed means that sometime the double-click doesn’t register and I end up opening save screens, etc..

Using the properties window will involve an extra click as when I use the mark-up list I am just using the up & down arrows on my keyboard to change items.

Maybe a suggestion for a new feature then – edit mark-up list mode!!!

• David Cutler

April 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I like the idea of “Edit Mode” for the markup list @Vince

I feel your pain on opening up save screens and other actions through single key shortcuts – been there, done that asked my self “how did that happen????”🙂

• Vince French

April 6, 2022 at 3:50 pm

Maybe it’s something that can be solved with some JavaScript @David Cutler ??? That’s a long long way down the learning list though! 😆