I have one license and 3 monitors. I normally copy the files twice with *.copy1

• I have one license and 3 monitors. I normally copy the files twice with *.copy1

Posted by Jim Latona on April 19, 2024 at 10:13 am

I have one license and 3 monitors. I normally copy the files twice with *.copy1, *.copy2

but the copies do not have menus to them. Do I need to buy 2 more licenses? Or is there a work around to be able to work on the other 2 copies?

Troy DeGroot replied 1 week, 6 days ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

April 19, 2024 at 10:33 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Welcome to the Brainery @jvldraft !

There could be a number of answers to your question – but none of them should require multiple licenses.

For your workflow do you need 3 copies of the file open at the same time, or are you simply looking to view 3 pages in the same document at the same time (one page per monitor)?

• Doug McLean

April 19, 2024 at 1:11 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Revu allows you the ability to open multiple copies of the drawings in multiple tabs at the same time.
    Simply split your screen. The drag the new tab to another monitor.

• Isaac Harned

April 19, 2024 at 1:23 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

They could even have the exact same name and Revu will open the file just fine. as long as the path is different. Not only that, but even beyond the excellent recommendations before me, you can open up multiple instances of Revu (if you for example, wanted your toolchests to be next to every file).

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    April 19, 2024 at 4:18 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Welcome to the community @Jvidraft and great question. I went ahead and moved this question from the JavaScript group to the General Question group. “General Questions” is a better fit and you may find additional helpful tips.