Labels for Lengths

Tagged: , ,

• Labels for Lengths

Posted by Vince French on February 23, 2022 at 2:37 am

Is it possible to move the pre-set location for labels on length mark-ups?

It’s rather annoying that when you have these labels turned on they often obscure any information that has been added by the designers e.g. drainage layouts will often have the size of the pipe and the fall detailed above & in the middle of the run which is exactly where Bluebeam will place your length measurement.

It would be rather handy to be able to specify have the label appear below the mark-up or slightly off-centre.

Or is this a request for a new feature in Bluebeam? 🤔

Vince French replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

February 23, 2022 at 7:44 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I don’t see where you can set the location on the standard tools, but you definitely set your label location on your custom tools.

1. Apply a markup

2. Move the label to where you want it to be positioned. This is accomplished by selecting the markup, then, while holding down the shift key clicking on the label and drag the label where you would like it to be.

3. Right click on the markup and select “add to toolbox”.

This new custom markup will place the label where you want it every time.

As a bonus tip you can change the color of the label before you add it to your toolbox for extra customization.

• Vince French

February 23, 2022 at 8:40 am

Thanks @David! I was only getting that to work on the areas for some reason??? I don’t suppose you know how you update the tools that you already have saved?

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        February 23, 2022 at 10:09 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

This is great guys. You would have to place a markup, update it and add it to the tool chest again. unfortunately. all the CAD programs are trying to center everything and they all line up in the middle every time.

• Vince French

February 23, 2022 at 10:15 am

Thanks @troydegroot !