Length Labels

• Length Labels

Posted by Vince French on August 21, 2022 at 4:09 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the position of the label of a length (perimeter or poly) to the start or end instead of the middle.

I know you can move the label then save to the tool chest again but if you change the length or angle of the next markup then the position of the label moves.

Vince replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 21, 2022 at 11:26 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

If you built a custom line style starting with a text element, then a dash with nothing after it, what happens? I’m not at my computer, but I’m curious.

I know you have a handle on custom lines @Vince but for others, I try to build unique looking tools by color and line style so I visually identify it. I like to turn off all labels and text. Doesn’t work for everyone.

• Vince French

August 21, 2022 at 1:11 pm

Hi @Troy

Hopefully the picture below shows what I mean.

The first markup has the label moved to the end and is then saved to a toolbox.

The second and third markups are created using the new tool.

I want the label to stay the same distance from the end of the markup but unfortunately Bluebeam seems to be placing it based on a distance from the centre point of the markup.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 21, 2022 at 11:26 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Yeah, typically things like that are on sort of a coordinate system with a x, y distance from a center point.

• David Cutler

August 22, 2022 at 6:54 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Perhaps @Vince it’s time to mount a “Make a Suggestion” campaign for a left, right, center text position option for captions on lines?

Interesting @troy-degroot that the labels are set based on a coordinate system. That could be a good one to know for Bluebeam Trivia….