Line weights lost when flattening?

Tagged: ,

• Line weights lost when flattening?

Posted by David Cutler on January 17, 2022 at 3:14 pm

I found what I thought was a good way of highlighting completed work using a 8 point wide line with “highlight selected. When I flattened the file before sending it to my client I noticed that the line weights appear to have been lost in the flattening process.

Has anyone had this issue before? I figure I can draw a highlighted box and flatten that as a work around, but it’s double the clicks…

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 17, 2022 at 4:01 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I think you have your line thickness turned off on the PDF. Once you flatten the markups, those are considered part of the pdf content and the line weights are turned off. Turn the line weights back on and they should display correctly.

• David Cutler

January 18, 2022 at 7:28 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

That did the trick @troydegroot ! Thank you!

In case others don’t know what Troy is talking about there is a setting in the “View” menu that allows you to “Disable Line Weights”. This can be very useful when reviewing a drawing, but doesn’t help when you are trying to display a markup on a flattened drawing…

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        January 19, 2022 at 4:52 pm
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Thanks for adding this @david-cutler it’s a huge help to the group, I appreciate the time it took. I was answering on my phone from vacation so I wasn’t able to add screenshots. 😂