Migrate/move pinned file tree to another computer.

• Migrate/move pinned file tree to another computer.

Posted by Sheldon Smith on March 12, 2024 at 5:13 pm

Moving computers

Got a new computer… and all the joys that comes with it…

Got Blue beam license migrated.

Question.. Is there a way to export/move my categories /Pinned file names/locations over to new computer. Does not appear to transport with profile export /import..

I use it extensively … and it will be a major Pain to manually recreate. Couldnt find anything in help.. about where this info is archived….

Just want the pinned… don’t want or expect the recents of history to transfer…

I still have access the the old computer…

Any help would be appreciated.

Isaac Harned replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 12, 2024 at 5:27 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great question @sss78132

I learned the hard way that when you “Clear Resents” it actaully clears all the pinned categories also. Very frustrating. At a minimum, I’m glad you still have the old computer to reference, I had to build mine back by memory.

I don’t know of a way to save and share these, but I wonder if you are signed into Revu 21 if it would still be there when you sign in on the new computer. For some reason I doubt it.

Wish I had more advice. Right-click “open folder” will be your freind to locate all the files again.

• Sheldon Smith

March 12, 2024 at 5:32 pm

IDK about 21…. still running 2020 Extreme…

Haven’t upgraded yet..

They are still active in old 20 copy though, even after lifting the license..

• Isaac Harned

March 13, 2024 at 8:55 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Hmm so the pinned files are stored here: C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Roaming\Bluebeam Software\Revu\21\RdbPinnedFiles.dat

I wonder if you could just copy this file over and replace the one in the folder? I have not played with it but maybe someone else has.

• Isaac Harned

March 13, 2024 at 8:57 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

As a side note, there is also the Recent files data there too, as well as one thats labeled “RdbFileAccess”. Maybe that last one has your categories?