Version history

• Version history

Posted by Tabz Nixon on March 7, 2023 at 6:20 am

Hi All, One of my users has managed to blank their PDF file. Is there a way in BlueBeam to view version history and to restore it please? Any help as always is appreciated. Many thanks Tabz

Doug McLean replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Bob Ritger

March 7, 2023 at 11:09 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt II UC2 Brainery White Belt II

Your network may already take periodic snapshots at various intervals each day as backups. If this is the case you can right-click on the file in Windows Explorer, select Properties and there will be a Previous Versions tab. Select it and let the dialog populate with any previous versions it can find – could take several few minutes to finish “Working on it…”. If a previous version is found click on the Open button to verify it is the version of the file you are looking for. If so, save it with a new name to be safe.

• Doug McLean

March 7, 2023 at 5:22 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

another reason to work on SharePoint.

I’m with Bob, hopefully your network server did a back up

• Vince French

March 8, 2023 at 12:43 am

Dropbox works well too if you’re company isn’t big enough to use Sharepoint.

• Tabz Nixon

March 8, 2023 at 3:02 am

Hi Doug, thanks for this. We are using SharePoint but users are sent multiple different file types from clients and they need to convert / combine the file into one revu document, currently when we go to save it we seem to have to save it in the users documents as opposed to directly into SharePoint. Do you have any suggestions around this please?

• Doug McLean

March 8, 2023 at 2:51 pm

Studio Sessions

• Tabz Nixon

March 9, 2023 at 4:39 am

HI Doug, thank you. I have never heard of studio sessions, are you able to expand on this please or send me a link so that I can review.

• Doug McLean

March 9, 2023 at 2:18 pm

just click the Help files Help> Help and Studio will be right on the first screen.

Its included in your Revu license, so you don’t even have to buy anything new.
            There are probably even a few videos right on this site you can explore as well.