Where should a new user start?

• Where should a new user start?

Posted by David Cutler on January 31, 2024 at 11:51 am

My wife’s company has just started rolling out Revu to their team. How does everyone break in new users to Revu? Her main use will be for plan review as she is a municipal engineering consultant.

I’ve suggested that she check out Uchapter2 (obviously), @lizlarsen ‘s site at https://lizlarsen.me/bluebeamblog/ and the Revu tutorials available in the help menu. I expect that she will get into Bluebeam University in time.

Any other suggestions?

David Cutler replied 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 31, 2024 at 12:33 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

@Liz is a fantastic resource, definitely plug them into her site. As you know the UC2 website has tons of free content including videos, blogs, downloads, events, and this forum. Beyond that, I would love to talk to her team, learn their current paper workflows, and come up with a personalized training plan, that allows them to skip all the discovery time of self-learning. I can get them up and running in just a few hours.

• David Cutler

January 31, 2024 at 1:00 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I can certainly mention the idea to her @troy-degroot !

• Doug McLean

January 31, 2024 at 2:42 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Other than here, Liz, and a few others, it doesn’t hurt to look at Bluebeam University either.
    Its now included with your Revu 21 subscription, so there really is no excuse to not use it.
    The tutorials are basic, but they’re ok. Have a few folks jump into the MCR as well.

The best thing to do though, is just get in and get your hands dirty. Learn the interface. Learn what each panel does, learn what the various tools do.

This is a software that while its very intuitive, you still have to dig in and understand all the nuances to it. There’s cool stuff under the surface that takes a while to find.

• Doug McLean

January 31, 2024 at 2:43 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Oh and it never hurts to have a mentor. At least your wife can ask you 🤔

• David Cutler

February 1, 2024 at 8:25 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

We’ve been together for 27 years. Can be interesting having 2 Engineer’s in the family – especially where most of my career I’ve been on the construction side where she is on the design side. I hope that my “comments” about other people’s designs help her to keep constructability in mind in her designs… 🤣

I’m thrilled that they are moving to Revu. I haven’t used A***** for years so I’m not fluid with the interface. When she (or others) try to show me drawings on that other product I have a tough time using it…