Sharing Profiles and Tool Sets between multiple machines

• Sharing Profiles and Tool Sets between multiple machines

Posted by David Cutler on April 7, 2021 at 11:20 am

I’m going to be traveling the next couple of days and will be endeavoring to get some takeoff done in the hotel on my laptop. I’d like to take my custom tools and profile along (typically I work from my desktop computer). I found one of @troy-degroot ‘s previous blog posts about this, and I think I understand how to copy everything over, but it appears that I need to export each of the tool sets from the one machine, and then import them into the other. This could take some time as I have about 20 tool sets. Any “best practices” or “tips & tricks” for simplifying this? I tend to be a last minute packer so I need to be as efficient as possible…

Troy DeGroot replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Doug McLean

April 7, 2021 at 12:07 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

the easiest way might be to open a blank PDF and then attach the Profiles and Tool sets you want to that PDF. Then simply save it on a OneDrive or email it to yourself.
    you could also just drop the Profiles and Tool Sets into your OneDrive or other cloud based access.

• David Cutler

April 7, 2021 at 8:17 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Brown Belt IIII

Thank you for the idea Doug. I was able to get through it with Troy’s method relatively quickly. I did receive one error with a “corrupt lock file”. Guess I will have to try that one again…

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    April 8, 2021 at 2:32 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II

2I always have to refer back to the blog post I wrote with the steps.

https://www.bluebeamandburgers.com/bluebeam-blog/best-practices-for-sharing-bluebeam-revu-tools-profiles/